4Canoes is a Canadian based content creator and publisher formed in response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls To Action. 4Canoes content is evolving as a unique, ongoing, 28-edition series created to bring Indigenous Peoples telling their stories into our classrooms and homes. Each issue highlights a different Indigenous Peoples, and is produced with integrity and respect. The 4Canoes team embeds and works with the featured People for months, providing a forum for them to tell their stories.
- New editions and children’s books released every year
- Each edition and children’s book builds awareness about Indigenous culture by sharing the stories as told by the People about the land, water, and culture
- Audio included in many editions and children’s books (stories read in English and the Indigenous language; nature sounds, etc.)
- District portal includes titles purchased for the year (accessible to all staff, students, and community)
- STEM-based lesson plans and teacher guides based on Canadian curriculum included (launching Sept 2021)
- Access the editions and books on any device in any browser (no downloads required)
The 4Canoes Digital Shelf is a subscription-based service that can be renewed on an annual basis. Districts choose the titles as they want for their Digital Shelf, which can then be made accessible to staff, students, and the larger community. The price is $15 per title per school per year. Print editions may be purchased individually or in bulk at a discount within your District’s Digital Shelf.
Contact us to preview and subscribe to the 4Canoes Digital Shelf.