A Message for dHL Experts
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.” ~ Margaret Mead
Welcome and thank you for your interest in joining Digital Human Library! One of the greatest ways you will give back to your community is to get involved in education. Your contributions to this initiative not only bring classrooms and communities together, but have a profound effect on the lives of our students.
For over 10 years Digital Human Library (dHL) has been connecting K-12 students with working professionals and industry leaders like you for live virtual programs, Q&As, and career talks that help students develop the knowledge, skills, and characteristics that will lead them to become personally successful, economically productive, and actively engaged citizens.
Join us! It’s absolutely free and we offer a variety of opportunities for you to get involved:
Video Conference with Experts
Are you interested in sharing your expertise to support youth and learning?
Register with dHL to offer K-12 students educational programs, career talks, Q&As, inquiry support, and/or mentorships on a date and time that works for you. There is no cost to register and you are under no obligation to fulfill a teacher’s request unless it works for you!
Contact us to learn more and register as a dHL Expert.
Virtual Tours/ VR
Are you interested in creating virtual tours of your workplace to educate students and the broader community?
Showcase virtual tours of your workplace or add a live camera and bring real world context to learning for students while providing additional digital learning resources for K-12 teachers.
Contact us if you have engaging virtual content you’d like added to our Virtual Tours/ VR catalogue.
Our mission is simple: Bring people together to make a difference for kids. But in order to do that, we need you!
Benefits of Joining dHL
When students video conference with dHL Experts, and explore virtual tours and virtual reality, they develop:
- critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a growth mindset through exposure to different industries
- adaptability and flexibility as a result to interdisciplinary learning, similar to industry overlap, de-siloed business units, and cross-functional teams
- cultural competencies and an equitable and inclusive worldview by engaging with diverse people and experiences from multiple fields of work
- transferable skills and soft skills, and proficiency in the change-supportive competencies that are associated with improved organizational performance across industries
- strength of character and empathy as they participate in humanizing experiences
- global citizenship and passion for work, by experiencing and solving global problems
- technological skills necessary for workforce readiness and effectiveness, reducing the need for re-skilling and up-skilling in training and organizational development programs
We believe that digital experiential learning opportunities should be made available to every student, regardless of geographic location or socio-economic status. So there is no cost for you to join Digital Human Library, and there is no cost for teachers and students to borrow Experts from our Video Conference with Experts library.
Together, with your help, we can better meet the needs of all learners, and inspire them to start thinking about the variety of possible career paths available to them now, and in the future.
Years before the increased need for people to be social over a distance, Digital Human Library was virtually connecting experts and professionals with students and teachers from around the world. I loved my experience sharing what I do with students, and the follow up with teachers let me know how much they enjoyed and benefited from learning about a career path in edtech.InkSmith
We believe that all students should have the opportunity to learn with the world, not just about it.
If you still have questions about membership as a Digital Human Library Expert, or would like more information about the Library, please visit the Digital Human Library website, check out our FAQ’s for Experts, or contact us.
We hope you will consider joining the hundreds of talented dHL Experts already contributing to the education of youth throughout North America! #YouMatter
dHL makes engaging opportunities and resources accessible to ALL learners and teachers no matter where they are from; they are a builder of global citizens.Royal Botanical Gardens
This post is also available in: Français (French)