The Centre for Global Education is proud to be offering, with their partner organizations, the following video conferences in Sept/October. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website, www.tcge.ca. Each conference is limited to six schools, and filled on a first come, first served basis, with priority participation is given to CGE/TAG member schools. For the complete listing of October events, see below.
October Video Conferences: (Click on link for more info)
- International Day of the Girl Child Conference (Oct 8, multiple sessions, 9:00-12:00MT, 11:00-2:00ET)** – Gr 6-12 ◇
These four 40 min sessions, LIVE from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and around the world, will blow your mind!! Join us for one or all four as we listen to women, young and old, who are changing the planet! No prep required. Students will have a chance to share their hero stories though.
- Middle East in Transition: Peace and Conflict (High School) – Part I (Oct 20, 9:00-10:30MT/11:00-12:30ET)** Gr 9-12 ◆
This session will change your students lives. Join us as we go LIVE to the Middle East to hear from the people on the ground what is really happening and the role Peace and Violence have in causing change. Three lessons of prep. Involves international student collaboration.
- Global Dignity Day International Video Conference (Oct 21, 9:00-11:15 MT/11:00-1:15 ET )** Gr 6-12 ◇
Everything changes when we see the dignity in our fellow human beings. Come celebrate the dignity of you! No prep required
- DeforestACTION Global Launch (Oct 22, 9:30-10:15MT/11:30-12:15ET) – Gr 3-12
Be inspired to learn and take action on one of the world’s greatest challenges, Deforestation. Students share their own learning and knowledge on deforestation while connecting to other students from across Canada and around the world. No prep required
- DeforestACTION Global Launch II (Oct 22, 11:00-11:45MT/13:00-2:15ET) – Gr 3-12
- LIVE from the Arctic: Climate Change, the North and the UNFCCC (Oct 28, 11:00-12:00MT/13:00-14:00ET) – Gr 9-12
Join 10,000 of youth from across the planet, a world leading biologist, and a renowned climatologist, as we go beyond the theory of Climate Change, and examine the real consequences, LIVE from the Canadian sub-arctic. Join us to learn about the causes and consequences of climate change, what it means for your backyard, the backyard of the polar bears, and backyards around the world, as we brainstorm solutions that will protect our world for future generations. No prep
- LIVE from the Arctic: Ecosystems, Polar Bears and You!! (Oct 29, 9:30-10:20MT/11:30-12:20ET) – Gr 3-12
Join us to learn about different ecosystems and how everyone’s backyards are linked together. Discuss how you may be impacted by a shifting climate and compare yourself to kids across the world! Will everyone experience climate change in the same way? What can we do to stop the world from changing too fast? We want to hear from you! No prep required
- Middle East in Transition: Peace and Conflict (High School) – Part II (Nov 3, 9:00-10:30MT/11:00-12:30ET)** Gr 9-12 ◆
This is the second part of MIT 1. Although schools can participate in the individual part, preference is given to schools able to do both.
- Body Systems: Reproduction System (Upon Request) – Gr 9-12 ◇
- Body Systems: Heart/Circulation System (Upon Request)
This post is also available in: Français (French)