Opportunity to Contribute to Reconciliation
Digital Human Library (dHL) the International Indigenous Speakers Bureau (IISB) have come together to help elevate Indigenous voices, perspectives and insights in primarily non-Indigenous spaces by offering educational institutions access to IISB Knowledge Nuggets (KN)*.
Digital Human Library is looking for teachers (currently employed and retired) and B.Ed students in every province and territory who would like to contribute to reconciliation and learn more about Indigenous ways of knowing, doing and being by connecting IISB Knowledge Nuggets (KN) to the K-12 Canadian Curriculum.
|Position||Curriculum Coordinator Internship||Hours||Negotiable|
|Compensation||See below||Location||Work from home|
|Application Deadline||Ongoing||Job Type*||Volunteer/ Internship|
*Teachers and B.Ed students currently enrolled in a college or university course/ program during their dHL internship may qualify to receive an honorarium of $1400 from RIIPEN.
Curriculum Coordinators are committed to reconciliation and passionate about making a difference for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples. Coordinators have the opportunity to learn Indigenous knowledge shared in IISB’s educational videos, review the lesson content created by Indigenous educators, and then connect the educational videos to the K-12 Canadian curriculum.
In order to be successful in this role you need to be open to new learning, have previous experience working with the Canadian curriculum in one more provinces, strong interpersonal skills, and enjoy working on an innovative and dynamic team!
Indigenous and non-Indigenous educators are encouraged to apply.
- Contribute to reconciliation
- Be part of a dynamic team making positive world change for Indigenous peoples
- Gain access to the IISB Knowledge Nugget educational video library
- Learn from extraordinary Indigenous speakers, leaders, and knowledge keepers from around the world
- Gain access to all of Digital Human Library’s resources to use with your students
- Become part of a passionate, enthusiastic family working hard to elevate Indigenous perspectives and voices around the world
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Education degree
- Growth mindset
- Highly motivated and goal driven
- Passion for building bridges between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Peoples
- Proficient oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency using G-Suite/ Google Apps (preferred)
- Proficiency using at least one video conferencing platform (preferred)
- Learn Indigenous knowledge, perspectives, and worldviews
- Explore Indigenous ways of teaching and learning
- Connect the K-12 provincial/ territorial curriculum across Canada to IISB’s educational videos
- Collaborate with the dHL team to achieve agreed upon goals and outcomes
- Track and record the curriculum connections using Google Apps
- Assist in sharing this opportunity with your colleagues to help grow our team
- Continuously improve through feedback
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Leigh Cassell: firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is also available in: Français (French)