#GlobalEdSsChat (GlobalEd Students’ Twitter Chat) first launched in October 2017. For over 3 years we have been working with K-12 teachers and students in Districts around the world to bring students together in meaningful conversations that matter to them.
Every year we reach out to educators to encourage them to participate in GlobalEdSsChat with their classes.
And every we year we reach out to educators who might be interested in supporting @GlobalEdSsChat as a School District Lead to help promote the chat within your District and PLN.
We hope you will join us!
What is #GlobalEdSsChat?
@GlobalEdSsChat is a student-led Twitter Chat that connects K-12 students around the world to discuss topics related to character education, social justice, and citizenship. #GlobalEdSsChat creates opportunities for students to:
- network with others
- gain perspective
- build relationships with new learning partners in a literacy-rich learning environment
- experience social media as a powerful platform for learning
- establish a positive digital footprint.
How does #GlobalEdSsChat work?
Each month, K-12 classes around the world have the opportunity to participate in two different Twitter Chats: Tweet and Talk and Slow Chat. Details about getting started with #GlobalEdSsChat can be found here.
Annually in September, K-12 classes are invited to complete our online survey to suggest the topics they would like to discuss. Once topics have been gathered for the year, our Student Leads build the schedule, create the questions and graphics, and start tweeting!
Our 1st chat is scheduled for October 27th at 1PM EDT during Media Literacy Week.
How Can I Support #GlobalEdSsChat as a District Lead?
We believe in the power of the network. School District Leads support #GlobalEdSsChat by:
- sharing information about our monthly chats with K-12 educators in your District and PLN
- supporting K-12 classes in your District and PLN who want to participate
- encouraging edtech leaders to get involved as School District Leads
- joining us for #GlobalEdSsChat each month (as often as possible)
Each month we send Lead Teachers an email with details about our upcoming chat, along with a link to our blog post and graphics. We try to make it as easy as possible for Lead Teachers to share information and help promote our chats.
This post is also available in: English (Anglais)