Student Level: Bachelor or Masters
Disciplines of Interest:
Arts, Digital Citizenship, Education, English/ Literacy, Global Competencies, Graphic Design, Humanities, Marketing, Media Studies, Social Media, Social Studies, STEAM Education, Web Development
Interview: Interview will be held online via video conference.
Additional Information: All meetings will be held online using Google Hangouts or Zoom.
Links to your social media channels must be provided (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Job Title: Digital Human Library Intern
Job Type: Internship
Job Location: Online (home, work, school)
Job Start Date: Flexible (September)
Job End Date: Flexible (end of term)
Number of Openings: 6
Hours: Hours are flexible or as determined by your institution
Wages: Internships at dHL are unpaid.
Interns working with Digital Human Library will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of roles and responsibilities depending on their interests and strengths.
Roles might include:
- Curation/ Catalogue Development
- Curriculum Development
- Graphic Design
- Program Development
- Provincial Library Curation
- Resource Development
- Social Innovation Projects
- Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
- Web Development and/or Support
Other… we welcome ideas for contributions outside of the opportunities listed here
All applicants will report to their dHL Supervisor on a weekly basis via email. Video conferences will be held on a weekly/ bi-weekly basis and/or as needed.
- a motivated thinker with creative energy and initiative
- proven effective communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- proficiency using standard educational technology and software (G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.), and online social media platforms (blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) an asset
- knowledge of the education industry
- experience video conferencing and/or knowledge of video conferencing platforms an asset
- *if applying for the position of blogger provide a link to your blog, or attach 2 different writing samples
- opportunities to initiate your own ideas and designs
- assigned tasks will build competence (and portfolio) in some, or all of the following areas: education, curriculum development, market research, social media marketing, public relations, professional networking, creative writing, and 21st Century Competencies
- networking opportunities with professionals in your field
- opportunities to intern/volunteer for companies and/or organizations in your field following your placement
Successful applicants receive online job training in their specific area(s) of responsibility.
TRANSPORTATION & HOUSING
N/A – Most if not all of our meetings will be held online depending on the location of the student.
Please send us your resume and cover letter by email. All applicants will be contacted.