Student Level: Bachelor or Masters
Disciplines of Interest:
Arts, Digital Citizenship, Education, English/ Literacy, Global Competencies, Graphic Design, Humanities, Marketing, Media Studies, Social Media, Social Studies, STEAM Education, Web Development
Interview: Interview will be held online via video conference.
Additional Information: All meetings will be held online using Google Hangouts or Zoom.
Links to your social media channels must be provided (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
Job Title: Digital Human Library Intern
Job Type: Volunteer Position
Job Location: Online (home, work, school)
Job Start Date: Flexible (September)
Job End Date: Flexible (end of term)
Number of Openings: 6
Hours: 4 hours per week or as specified by your institution; hours are flexible
Interns working with Digital Human Library will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of roles and responsibilities depending on their interests and strengths.
Roles might include:
- Curation/ Catalogue Development
- Curriculum Development
- Graphic Design
- Program Development
- Provincial Library Curation
- Resource Development
- Social Innovation Projects
- Social Media Marketing (Twitter, Facebook, etc)
- Web Development and/or Support
Other… we welcome ideas for contributions outside of the opportunities listed here
All applicants will report to their Supervisor on a weekly basis through email. Video conferences will be held on a weekly/ bi-weekly basis and as needed.
- a motivated thinker with creative energy and initiative
- proven effective communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team
- proficiency using standard educational technology and software (G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.), and online social media platforms (blogging, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) an asset
- knowledge of the education industry
- experience video conferencing and/or knowledge of video conferencing platforms an asset
- *if applying for the position of blogger provide a link to your blog, or attach 2 different writing samples
- opportunities to initiate your own ideas and designs
- assigned tasks will build competence (and portfolio) in some, or all of the following areas: education, curriculum development, market research, social media marketing, public relations, professional networking, creative writing, and 21st Century Competencies
- networking opportunities with professionals in your field
- opportunities to intern/volunteer for companies and/or organizations in your field following your placement
Successful applicants receive online job training in their specific area(s) of responsibility.
TRANSPORTATION & HOUSING
N/A – Most if not all of our meetings will be held online depending on the location of the student.
Applications accepted by email. All applicants will be contacted upon receipt of a resume and cover letter.