September 30th, 2023 marks the 10th year of Orange Shirt Day.
In recognition of Orange Shirt Day 2023, the International Indigenous Speakers Bureau and Digital Human Library are trying to engage 10% of households to watch Phyllis Webstad’s story about how Orange Shirt Day came to be.
Participating in the #10for10 Campaign is an opportunity to:
- honour Indigenous people and the generations of Indigenous people that came before them by helping to protect Indigenous knowledge and contribute to the restoration and reclamation of Indigenous knowledge back to their communities
- provide the education system with the opportunity to reverse the systemic wrongs that have been done in the past
- be part of the healing Indigenous people and their ancestors hoped for
#10for10 Campaign Activities
- Watch Phyliss Webstad’s video.
- Record a reflection video and invite others to participate “10 years for 10% of households to begin their journey – join us“
- Share your video across your socials and tag IISB and Digital Human Library. Use hashtags #10for10 #OSD2023 #OSD10for10
- Promote the #10for10 Campaign!
This post is also available in: Français (French)